Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Life is amazing

.
Life never ceases to amaze me.
Especially when I listen to people who are telling me what is happening in their lives at this moment.

Now you may think that the stories I am referring to are grand, or special ~ but more often than not they are the uniquely individual stories of people like you and me. Stories that aren’t even looked upon as being that remarkable by those who are recounting them.

The only thing they seem to have in common is that the people involved say they are getting tired of the things that seem to be happening in their lives over and over and over again. Like a TV-series that is repeated over and over again.
It is something that we may well relate to at one time or another, as we all seem to encounter situations that appear to be repeating themselves in our lives every once in a while.
That in and of itself is not that amazing.

However, the thing that is truly amazing to me is that the story I am being told ~ the situation described ~ is met with a matter of fact sense of normalcy.
It is true that while that particular situation in that person’s life often has grown over some time ~ perhaps even years ~ which makes it a lot harder to gauge whether what is happening in that situation is still within the bounds of ‘normal’, it does also show how hard it is to step back from any specific situation to evaluate it as to its ‘normalcy’.

The result is in many cases that this situation that is experienced as unwanted, annoying, tiring, yet matter-of-factly ‘normal’ by one person ~ when told to another person, sounds weirder than ‘Alice in Wonderland’ to them. Possibly sparking remarks like “How do you put up with that?”, or “I don’t think I could do that” ~ which then are met with a shrug. After all, that’s life, right?

Now everybody has their own unique, individual path ~ with their own life lessons etc. So no-one should judge anyone else on how they are living their lives, how they handle the curve balls life throws at them. When it comes down to it ~ we are all doing the best we can with what we have...

Nevertheless, I can’t help but standing in awe listening to some of the stories of other people’s lives; being truly amazed that what they consider ‘normal’ in their lives ~ to me is so far out; so far beyond what I can even imagine.
And then I realize that in all likelihood the same is true for what is happening in my life...

Amazing!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment