Friday, February 13, 2015

Expect the unexpected

.
Many years ago I was told by my teacher to ‘expect the unexpected’. At the time, while I understood what he meant by it, it didn’t quite ring true to me. At least not in the way I was living my life back then. While there was lots of movement going on, and change was a more or less continuous thing, everything seemed to have its place and its rhythm.

Looking back, I can clearly see that even in those days things were not happening quite the way I was expecting or hoping they would happen. It seems that some things I was really going for never happened at all ~ even to this day. While other things came in their place and came into my life without much effort on my part.
Perhaps I let go of the things I desired a bit too easy at that time, allowing myself to be guided by whatever came into my life. It is a fine line between ‘rolling with the punches’ and ‘taking guidance from the Universe’…

As time went on, I started to frame my wishes and desires a bit more careful; began to work toward them with more dedication and even discipline. I created a plan and worked toward my goals accordingly.

That is when that lesson truly hit home! Expect the unexpected.

No matter how hard I try, the unexpected keeps coming up throwing my best plans aside and taking over my life for a couple of days or weeks at a time. And when I stop and think about it as it happens, I know with total certainty that this unexpected event is where I need to spend my time and energy right now; therefore it seems I have my priorities in line quite nicely.
They are just not in line with my plans…

The question I keep pondering is whether I am ‘rolling with the punches’ too much, or am I ‘taking universal guidance’. And where does that leave my plans, my goals; what about my wishes and desires?

I have finally decided to split my time and efforts. To go with the unexpected, and at the same time work on making my plans come true. To dedicate my time and energy on my plans, and goals, wishes and desires; as well as on whatever the universe brings to my path.
It is something that is easier on some days than on others, but most of the time it seems to work out.

And suddenly something very unexpected happened; things are beginning to fall into place!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment