Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Regaining Balance

.
During times when a lot is going on in our lives, it is important to stay balanced. Not necessarily balanced with all the things that are going on, but balanced within ourselves. Centered, or even grounded.
This is something that is easier said than done!

It is also something that works differently for different people; there is no one recipe that works for everybody equally as well ~ although it does seem to be really important to not keep everything bottled up inside yourself; it is a good idea to do something to place it outside of yourself.
And there are guidelines as to what way might work best for you that are based on your astrological sun sign.

For ‘Air Signs’ (Aquarius, Gemini, Libra) talking it out or writing it out, putting your thoughts to paper, may be a good way in which a potential overload situation is put outside of Self.
For ‘Fire Signs’ (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) walking ~ or dancing, or running ~ can be a suitable way to regain balance.
‘Water Signs’ (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio) may want to write or make a drawing of whatever they feel has brought them to be overwhelmed.
And ‘Earth Signs’ (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) may be best off rebalancing themselves while sitting down with a cup of tea...

For me, being an ‘Earth Sign’, today is a day to sit down with a cup of tea.

After a couple of really busy months, it is time to sit back, to take a deep breath, a cup of tea, and to regain my balance. To center again in the core of my Self so that I can evaluate whether my time and energy has been spent productively...
For instance, have my activities over the past months brought me closer to my goals? Or have I just been ‘putting out fires’, while every time I solved a problem another situation came up to take its place? Have I burned the candle on both ends, spinning my wheels, without ever getting closer to my goals ~ let alone getting closer to fulfilling my dreams and desires?

Those are questions we probably should look at every once in a while.
Because taking an honest look at where we are applying our time and energy allows us to see the direction we are going. If we like which direction we are going, a couple of really busy months are just that ~ and likely they have brought us closer to our goals.
If we don’t like the direction we are going, or if we feel like we are treading water, it is time to see what we can do differently in order to get moving in any direction we desire to go!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment