Friday, April 29, 2011

Life is funny that way...

.
It is funny how life can have a tendency to throw things together every once in a while ~ and just as easily pul them apart again...

Sometimes things happen effortlessly, putting you in the right place in the right time. Traffic lights turn green the moment you drive up to them; the lines in front of the register are all gone when you are ready to pay, and the sun comes out just as you are leaving for a walk.
And then you notice what is happening...

For me the next thought is usually: “I must be doing something right!”

It seems that as soon as that has come to my mind I can’t help to start wondering what it is exactly that is causing this effortless flow of events. What direction am I going exactly that is so well supported for me at this point in time? And the next thing I know is that everything is off...

The bus is leaving right as I walk up to the bus stop, it starts raining before I have made it back home ~ in other words; the tide turns.
Oh well...

And yet, just as quickly as I got ‘out of sync’, I can find myself being back in that flow that makes everything move forward in that simple, straightforward manner once again.

What makes this interesting to me is that figuring out which direction is best supported for me is way less complicated when it is something I need to do some research on ~ more often than not online. When you keep googling and nothing comes up, chances are there is a better solution for the situation I am trying to solve ~ or in the very least that there is a better, more productive use of my time at that very instant.
That one I get!

However, it does make me wonder at times if the reverse is true as well ~ if a lot of similar information is coming my way unbidden; does that mean that there is something I need to do with it? Is that information pertinent to my life? And if so, in what way? How can it help me?

So far I at least am not getting any closer to a real understanding of this pattern. The only thing that is happening for me is that I at some point notice it. Then I start observing it. Next I begin to try and work with it ~ which seems to make it fall apart. And then, just as I am taking a deep breath, being sorry that this elusive flow of things has eluded me once again ~ it is back!

Life is funny that way!
And I have decided that I will start enjoying the ride, every time I happen to get in sync with its rhythm!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment