Friday, March 29, 2013

Just so

It is funny how we have a tendency to do the things we do in our own rhythm, our own structure, our own pattern even. And while this helps us do the things we want to do, the fact that these things ~ on some level at least ~ need to be done ‘just so’ can equally as much hinder us in our lives. Especially in the energy we are experiencing right now.

For instance when our pattern gets disturbed. Nothing major, just someone coming to visit unexpectedly, right when you would have normally done this particular task or chore. And even though the visit was loads of fun, and it was really good to see the person ~ when it is over you may be left with a feeling that ‘doesn’t fit’.
Logically of course, you could just start doing whatever it was you were doing when you got interrupted. You could pick up right where you left off and move on with live ~ be it perhaps on a happier note after the unexpected visit.
Yet in energy, in how it feels at that moment, that doesn’t seem to be the thing to do. It’s time has passed, and somehow it is hard to get back into it.
On the other hand, moving on with the next thing on your calendar may not quite seem fitting either...

Somehow, our ~ often subconscious ~ need to do things ‘just so’ has been thrown off by a simple, enjoyable visit, and now we find ourselves in limbo.

Most of the time it is not the end of the world when something like that happens. All it takes is a couple of hours ~ or in some more drastic cases a couple of days ~ to regain our footing and to get back to our regular program.

Whenever it happens to me it makes me wonder though ~ why do I get so caught up in how and when and what I do, that relatively simple things can throw me off like that? Where does this idea come from that puts me in a frame of mind where I have come to believe that it needs to be ‘just so’?
And perhaps more importantly, what can I do to change it?

Because I feel that this idea to have to do things ‘just so’ is keeping me from fully experiencing the present. It is keeping me from working with the energy I sense right now in a productive, fun, lighthearted manner ~ no matter what seemingly distracting event comes my way.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment