Tuesday, May 10, 2016

No clouds


Let me start by saying that I do understand the difference ~ and at least some of the intricacies ~ between ‘weather clouds’ and the digital cloud.

As time progresses there are more and more words that take on an entirely different meaning; and sometimes this even leads to a different plural form of the word. For instance, for the animal: mouse, mice ~ and for the computer: mouse, mouses.

This is not true for clouds as of yet.

But that doesn’t put my mind at rest, as it jumps form one perspective to the next…

When there is not a cloud in the sky, apart from the fact that it in all likelihood is a beautiful day, the first thing that comes to mind is that because of that, I cannot access my data.
One could argue the fact whether this is necessary in the first place on a beautiful, cloudless day like this. Chances are that that one has to have reached a certain age to see how there could be benefits, and as such, how there could be an argument at all. Most young people would just give us a look of wonderment. A look that says, ‘You can’t be serious!’

Letting my thoughts wander along the cloudy path, I remember a website that took ages to load when I visited it not too long ago. It proudly stated that their data was stored in ‘Cumulus Cloud service’.
Immediately I see those wonderful, white, very tall cumulus clouds in my mind’s eye. Their data must have been at the very top of one of those beautiful clouds, and therefore take a little while to get back down to earth…
And what when the clouds would blanket the earth. Would plenty of data access take us away from sunny days? Would they chase away the sun, or would we just no be as aware of the sun anymore?

I like clouds ~ although admittedly, I haven’t stored much in them as of yet. I like the tall, well-defined clouds, the thin fluffy cloud layers that can take on the most fantastic colors at sunset. I even enjoy the almost dark blue rain clouds as they are coming up, chasing away the sun.

And on the occasional truly cloudless day, I am one who is not worried about data access. I’ll find myself a nice place to relax and enjoy the sunshine, the warmth, the singing birds, and the rustling leaves in the wind.
Using my phone only to take a picture here or there.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment