Friday, August 5, 2011

What’s next?

.
Every once in a while I have this sense that something is ending. The feeling that I have visited that place I may have frequented ~ for the last time. That whatever I have been doing will change...

Changing priorities. Or changing work. Changes in the home...
Or even silly things like not going back anymore to that supermarket where I have done my grocery shopping for ages ~ choosing another supermarket instead; even when it is further away, has no parking, and is always busy.

It is just one of those things that seems to happen more in this point in time. Perhaps the only thing I feel absolutely certain about is that this is a time of change.

Something else that seems to happen more and more is that things seem really good, or really bad. That they are absolute truth, or a downright lie. Totally good, or the darkest evil.
Polarities to the extremes.
So one might think that this makes it easier to make decisions. After all, if things seem to be so obviously right or wrong... And yet, I find that this isn’t the case. Every time I have my mind all made up about something or some situation ~ every time I think I have made my decision and now can move on from there ~ doubt strikes. Is this really the best decision? Is this going to work as well for me as I hope it will? Or would I be better off choosing another route; another way?

The first time I went through this process, I just went through all the options one more time and then made a decision. No big deal, right?
But gradually I started doubting more and more decisions and choices. Until I finally became hesitant to make any decisions at all.

And this brings an interesting situation ~ in a time in which everything is in change; a time that has so many opportunities and chances; a time where no matter in which direction you are looking there are new roads to walk, new horizons to be explored ~ I am stagnant. Seemingly unable to make a choice as to where to go or what to do. Questioning pretty much every step I take...

It is a situation that perhaps is easier to understand from a more spiritual perspective.
As more and more choices, chances and opportunities are presenting themselves to us in this time when even the smallest parts of our lives seem to be changing ~ even if that is ever so slightly ~ it becomes harder and harder to choose any of those things, yet one can’t have them all... Like a kid in the candy store.
The only way we feel we can keep some semblance of order in our lives is to be certain about the important things in live ~ which pushes those things into their polarity perspectives.

It is all perfectly logical.
I just wish I’d get some sign, some hint as to what’s next!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment