Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The energy of words

.
Words have energy. They not only convey a message through their meaning, they also carry an energy that gets the message across on an entirely different level. And sometimes that energy that is set into movement every time that particular word is used, becomes more important than the meaning of the word itself.

For instance, every time I start a sentence with the words ‘I can’t’ ~ even if the rest of that sentence is totally logical, truthful, and perhaps even somewhat innocuous ~ the energy it brings across is that I can not. I am not able to do that.
The subconscious picks up on that and pretty soon there are more and more things in my life that I feel I cannot do. Whether I am lacking in the proper education, in time, in energy ~ it doesn’t matter. I have succeeded in giving myself the message that I can not...

By the same token, every time we approach a situation from a positive (that is without being in denial about what is really going on) ~ telling ourselves that we can handle it. That we will get the help we need when we need it. That even as our lives are a little chaotic at the moment ~ we will find our ways through it and bring a comforting flow back into our lives. The energy of those words is also picked up on by our subconscious ~ however these words or statements are more empowering to us.

In general one can say that all words or statements that have a confining feel to them ~ like ‘I cannot’ ~ have a tendency to make our world smaller and can make us feel less empowered, whereas words or statements that have an expansive feel to them will make our worlds bigger and yes, enhance our sense of empowerment.

This means that it is a good idea to ~ every once in a while ~ listen to the words we use. Whether we use them in a conversation with others, or in an inner conversation ~ whether we are saying those words out loud, or just thinking them to ourselves...

‘I cannot...’ can have multiple meanings from the implied ‘I am unable to’, to ‘I don’t feel like it’, or ‘I have other plans’. In many cases either of the alternatives can work out better for us in the long run as neither alternative is carrying the same debilitating energy of ‘I cannot...’
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment