Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Behind the times

.
Lately I have been running behind on pretty much everything in my life. Time just seems to disappear into history without me having anything to account for what I have actually done during that time...
And then, when I look at what I have done on a day like today ~ it is not like I haven’t done anything. As a matter of fact I have been quite busy! I have just been busy with other things ~ things that were a priority right at that time. Or even things that I was running behind on that really, really needed to be done now.

Do you recognize any of that?

For me it brings up the question whether I am starting to slow down ~ and as such simply cannot keep up with all the things I want to do or accomplish anymore. Or if perhaps time is moving faster than it did before.
One thing is clear, something is out of balance. Perhaps not a lot out of balance, just slightly off to the point where I don’t seem to be able to ‘get in-sinc’, and consequently I am running late...

Being behind the times.
In a sense that is literally how it feels; sort of being stuck in an energy or time-frame that is old fashioned. Living a rhythm that has come and gone ~ and needing some time to adapt; to pick up on the new rhythm, the new energy.
In the meantime I seem to be in a perpetual state of catching up.

The one productive ~ even beneficial ~ thing that I am learning from it is how to quickly prioritize.
Suddenly there are no arguments, no second thoughts on what is on the top of the priority-list ~ somehow the order is crystal clear every step of the way.

That in itself brings up interesting perspectives as I suddenly find something on top of the list that I really didn’t think was that important... Yet, as there is in this ‘game of catching up’ not a whole lot of time to think about it, it gets handled the moment it comes up.
As that happens, bit by bit things are starting to change. Slowly my life gets new direction. Quietly time slows down ever so slightly...

And I can take a deep breath of relief.

I am not sure exactly what my life will look like in this new time ~ what I do know is that some things I have been doing will not make it to the top of the list quite as often anymore; if at all. Those things will fade into the background ~ behind the times.
Other new and exciting things will come up and take their place...
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment