Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Going with the flow

.
It seems that no matter how well the plans I have made are thought out; how many contingencies I have reckoned with ~ more often than not they don’t quite happen the way I had in mind. It is something that didn’t used to be this way. I can remember the time when I could plan ahead quite nicely, and bit by bit, step by step my plans would unfold and turn out exactly the way I envisioned. Those days are gone.

The best i can do now is to keep a goal in mind and take a first step. Sometimes the next step and the one after that are immediately obvious. Other times I get sidetracked even as I make that first step toward my goal.
Suddenly I find other things on my path. Priorities shift...

It is like the weather ~ ever changing and to a certain extend totally unpredictable!

Yes, there are plenty of days when I am still longing for those days when I could be making plans and then following through on those plans in order to reach my goal in an efficient manner... And on those days, when a plan is not working out the way I had thought it out, the frustration level can go up exponentially.

Yet I have also come to realize that there are benefits when the plans I have made are not set in concrete. When there is wiggle room. If I am flexible enough to change my plans mid-stream, chances are that I not only will reach my goal ~ be it in a different manner or along a different path than I had in mind ~ but in going with the flow I find that I am at the right place at the right time. It makes that while I am still reaching my goals, the rewards can be greater than I had anticipated or even imagined!

All it takes is to be open to different ways to accomplish what I set out to do, to keep the goal in mind ~ and to not get upset if things are not working out the way I had thought they should have...
That way I can loosely direct the flow of things into the general direction I want to go ~ and go with it.

In other words, in the energy of today ‘going with the flow’ is not about being distracted to the extend of not getting anything done ~ it is about permitting the energy, the flow of things, to help you get the best results.
.
.

1 comment:

  1. Trusting that flow helps a lot, although it's sometimes difficult to let go.

    ReplyDelete