Friday, January 9, 2015

Courage

.
One of the first affirmations I ever truly worked with, was one that invoked courage. At the time I didn’t even realize that I would need a lot of courage, or that I was lacking courage in any way shape or form. Yes, I am afraid of some things ~ heights being one of them ~ however, I have hardly ever let it stop me from doing the things I wanted to do.
And yet, there it was, and affirmation to become courageous.

As time has moved on since, I have conquered some of my fears, I have lived my life, walked my path the best way I know how. And I have come to understand that living life takes courage. A lot of it.

The courage to live life to the fullest isn’t necessarily needed to face our obvious fears. Usually, when we look at our fears and see how they are constructed, we start seeing them in a new and different light, and more often than not they will just dissolve.

The courage is needed to get through life. To become the best we can be. To explore our greatest potentials. And to keep taking that next step, whatever that step may entail.

As we walk our paths, there are a million small (and some very big) decisions we have to make. Decisions that will often lead to changes. And as life happens, what starts as small changes, can quickly lead to big and unexpected changes. To life changing events. To take the hand we are dealt, to roll with the punches and to keep seeing how we become more of who we are meant to be; now that takes courage!

But it goes even further than that.
It also takes courage to look at ourselves as we are living our lives with brutal honesty. To be willing to face ourselves so we can change the things we don’t like about ourselves and can rejoice in what makes us truly happy for just being the person we are at that very moment.
It even takes courage to venture out in meditation and to trust the answers and solutions that are handed to us while in that altered state of consciousness. Trust them enough to implement them into our lives.

Ultimately, it takes courage to shape and mold our lives in such a way that we can benefit most from it. In such a way that we can permit our greatest potentials to unfold…
I still use that affirmation, whether I feel I am courageous enough or not.
It is just something I can do to make my path through life more smooth.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment