Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Cats and Crows


In the mystical tradition, both cats and crows are good companions to have.

The thought is that each animal has an innate energy, or ability, with which they can help their (mystical) human companions. This way, cats are guardians. They keep the area safe from unwanted energies. Even our house cats will point out to us the visitors that come to our house that are on a similar path we are. In a sense turning up their noses and not paying any attention to those who are not. One of our cat companions of the past even kept feeding my images in order to tell me who had come calling in spirit…
When working with energies, a guardian like that is very useful.
A crow is said to be able to ‘pass through the mirror’; to be aware of what is happening on both sides of it, the ‘real world’ we live in, as well as ‘the other side’. That energy world that, more often than not, is veiled to us. And when something is going on that we should be paying attention to ~ in our real world, or in that other world ~ they will make lots of noise until we get the point…

For as long as I have been living where I live now, there always have been a couple of crows nearby. As it turns out, even though I live in the city, there are all kinds of interesting creatures calling this street home, among which, as said, crows and cats. Lots of cats.
And they have been guiding and guarding me, and bringing me messages for a long time.
(Crazy cat lady? Hold on a minute! Witch? Hmmmm, I prefer ‘Mystic’.)

Recently though, one of my cats has started making crow sounds. Whenever he wants to go outside ~ or come back in ~ wants some food, or just a little bit of ‘one-on-one’ time, he calls out with his ‘crow-voice’.
He has always liked birds, born over a chicken coop he likes the murmuring sounds they make. In his youth he would catch birds as he preferred ‘bird sushi’ over small, expensive, delicious morsels of canned food. But now that he is an elderly gentleman who has seen it all, he guards my place and talks with a ‘crow voice’.

Chances are changes are ahead.
Changes that may or may not have to do with that other world. But I bet they have to do with changes in energy, and direction.

And perhaps the best thing is that I have cats and crows to guide me through them, and keep me safe.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment