Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting paid for who you are...

.
David Wood wrote a book: Getting paid for who you are. It is about building an internet business doing something that you are passionate about. It may be something that you were formally educated in, but it can also be something that you learned about ‘along the way’, sometimes out of necessity even...
If you are curious about the book, here is the link: http://www.getpaidforwhoyouare.com/freebook/

That being said, it brings up the big question: what are you passionate about? And how does it tie in with who you really are? With achieving your greatest potential?
Is that what you are passionate about the same thing as your greatest potential? Is your greatest potential the same thing throughout your life? Or does it change ~ can your greatest potential at this point in time be something; and at some other point in time something entirely different?

All in all it brought up lots of question for me on who I really am...

Not just in terms of strong points and weak points ~ although that is certainly a good way of looking at it ~ but also from the perspective of what my needs and my desires are. My goals in life, and how I hope to achieve them.
Another way of looking at it is to see what things I need to feed me, physically, mentally and spiritually. And are those needs met by the world around me? Am I doing those things that give me all the nourishment I need?
And what do I have to offer the world?

It is now a number of weeks after I have read the book, and where I had hoped to find answers, it seems only more questions are popping up in my head...

So for now, I have taken the easy approach (or so I thought) ~ I have made a list of all the things I am doing; and that I enjoy doing. And while I already knew that I am doing a lot of fairly diverse things, it still surprised me how many things made it to the list ~ and how diverse they are!

It does show from a very practical perspective that we are very unique, multi-faceted beings. As an individual, we are hard to categorize ~ don’t fit in many boxes; if any...

So if we are to get paid for who we are ~ what part of us will we present to the (virtual) world? Will it be practical, or creative? Spiritual? Will we gear what we show the world toward expected revenue? Or toward what we think others will want to see?

Or will we boldly strike out, and show as much of ourselves as we can or dare?
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment