Friday, June 4, 2010

What we want versus what we need

.
The things we want at any given point in our lives, may be quite different from what we really need.

We may want a roomy or even big house, with a nice garden, two cats (or maybe three), and a Spyker C8 Aileron sports car. And in order to be able to afford all of that, we get ourselves the big job with the big salary ~ that takes a lot of our time and may put us in high stress situations.

On the other hand what we need may be more time to spend alone, or with friends and family.

The funny thing is that this is not necessarily an ‘either, or’ thing.
Even though it seems that if we want more time to spend on other things than work, we need to adapt our life style accordingly ~ small house, small patio, and a bicycle ~ if the ‘high end life style’ really is something that we came into this world for to experience, it ceases being a ‘want’ or desire. The Universe may very well look at it as a true need that we have, and help us accordingly.

So how do we know whether something we desire to have is just something we want, or something we need? In the eyes of the Universe that is...

I have found that the easiest way to determine this is through trial and error.
If there is something I desire to have in my life, I start taking steps toward that goal. When this goes easily and consistently produces results that are better than I would have expected ~ chances are my desire coincides with a need I have on my spiritual path. On the other hand, if I seem to run into roadblocks every step of the way, my desire maybe more of a ‘want’ than a ‘need’. And I would probably be doing well re-evaluating what I really want to get out of life, and adapt things like life style to match my goals.

Luckily, in the energy of this point in time, it becomes obvious quite quickly whether something is working for me, or not so much so...
It is almost like the Universe is waiting for us to ask for ‘the right thing’ ~ that which corresponds with a need we may have on our spiritual path through life ~ and as soon as we (finally) do, jumps at the chance to give us just that!

This makes the time it takes us to bring something into our lives a good indication whether it is something we want or desire, or if it is something we need.

It is up to us to be willing to set our goals, and take the steps toward our goals. And, maybe the most difficult thing ~ to re-evaluate those goals that do not seem to be supported by the Universe.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment