Friday, July 20, 2012

An Energy Leak

.
Every once in a while I feel absolutely drained ~ usually after partaking in some kind of activity. And somehow it is only after the fact that I notice I have allowed my energy to seep away...
It is not much of a problem when I have had a really good time; or when I have accomplished something ~ or experienced something new. However, I feel this sense of being drained of all energy more often when the activity I was involved in was not quite as fulfilling as I had hoped...

Still, I do realize that it is my own responsibility to keep a hold of my energy. To not let it fritter away. To not allow it to scatter in all directions, leaving me wondering how I could have done it again.
The theory is quite clear; it is my energy to spend in whatever way I see fit ~ yet if I overspend, or fail to spend my energy wisely I may end up with an energy void...
In a previous blog I have written more extensively about this aspect of energy.

Yet the energy leak I am dealing with today is much more mundane in nature.
Early this morning a car from the utilities company drove up. A couple of marks made on the sidewalk were checked and the tiles of the sidewalk lifted. When I peeked out to see what all the noise was about, two friendly gentlemen had already dug a hole right in front of my house ~ digging deeper as I looked on.
Even earlier this morning (Now I am not a morning person, but this must really have been EARLY!) the utility company had checked our street for gas leaks. And they had detected one right there. One that is severe enough to warrant immediate repair.

Of course I am very happy that they are ‘on the ball’; that they really are taking action to get it fixed! Gas leaks are dangerous. And the damage when things would get out of hand can be devastating.

From a different perspective I am wondering whether the fact that they located this gas leak right in front of my house is an omen... If it is an event that is sending me a message that is much more personal and private than the work those two gentlemen are doing on the sidewalk...

And if so, what is this omen telling me?
Is it bringing to my attention that I have a hidden energy leak through which enough energy is seeping away that it warrants immediate attention? Perhaps it is in my best interest to take a ‘time out’ to ponder that very question...
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment