Friday, August 30, 2013

Flow, again

.
As we learn more and more about how to ride the waves of the flow of our lives ~ as we get more and more used to working with this flow rather than against it ~ chances are that we will become better at it.

Right now ~ at east when I look at myself ~ looking at the flow of life as well as sensing the flow toward my goals can be a somewhat frustrating exercise. They seem to cross paths too many times, where one then carries the other away pushing my life in often unanticipated directions that seem to frequently move me farther from my goals rather then towards them...
The easiest way to reach my goals therefore seems to lie in aligning the flow toward my goals with my life flow to the extend that both will move in at least similar directions ~ and at best in the same direction.

While it is a fairly logical perspective, it is easier said than done.
To get the flow toward my goals aligned with my life flow to the extend that I can ride them as one wave, requires that I get to know myself a lot better than I do. For it to work that way, I need to discover my ultimate goal or life goal, and make sure that my more short term goals will move me in the direction of this ultimate, or life goal.

The question then becomes: ‘What do I want out of life?’ In the short term, yet more importantly from an overall perspective.

It is an interesting path, which in and of itself is a flow...

It is also a question as well as a path, or flow of discovery that we can only follow ourselves. Other people may point out where we are dropping the ball from their perspective, but chances are that they are only seeing part of the picture and are focused on our stated short term goals.
As such, pointing out where we are failing can sometimes be just enough to change the direction of the flow we had so carefully built ~ or stop that flow entirely. Especially where any form of creativity is involved it is something that happens easily.
It can leave us frustrated that we have to not only evaluate the merit of the often well intended comment, but also have to rebuilt the movement and flow we had established to the point where we can start riding it again.

The good news is that the more we practice, the better we get at it, and the more fun it is going to be to ride the wave!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment